The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman and Shared Server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by linesybr, Feb 15, 2005.

1. linesybr

linesybr Member

Nov 10, 2004

I have searched quite a bit on this forum and throughout the web and am hoping maybe someone here can shed some light on this dilemma I'm experiencing.

What's happening is for each shared account (for each shared IP), Mailman is using the first account that was set up for all its traffic. For an example I'll illustrate: (first domain on shared server/IP, does not use mailman) (uses mailman)

In the traffic logs of I am finding the following:

all traffic associated with the 2nd domains mailing list is not recorded under its traffic logs or bandwidth usage, instead it logs and draws BW under the 1st domain. Its like that for any mailing list on all accounts under each shared IP. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? For now, I've created a default account with a "dedicated IP" that is shared so that I can at least monitor usage, but this still doesn't solve the fact that any account can basically sign up and get unlimited BW usage out of their mailman at my expense. Any ideas anyone?