The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailman and spamassassin

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by blissend, Jan 5, 2010.

1. blissend

blissend Member

I've created a few small lists with mailman and I'd like to have spamassassin check the emails but currently even though its enabled it does not for anything but email accounts. How can I get it to do so?

I found this link here but its old and I'm not sure if it'll work with a cpanel setup. Has anyone tried it?

If that doesn't work I'm wondering about something stupid here... is it possible to create an email account of the same name as the list just to get spamassassin working? Getting desperate I suppose.

Are there any other options? I know of ASSP but that seems a bit much for some really small lists.

2. blissend

blissend Member

3. blissend

blissend Member

Success! I now have cpanel's mailman and spamassassin working together with said fix in links above (attached fix for the lazy).

How I did it...
    1. Upload scripts to /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Handlers
    2. Edit /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py to add this line... GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'SpamAssassin')
    3. Restart mailman... /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/mailmanctl restart

There on out you can configure as you like but don't use cpanel's spamassassin configure page. Read the above links to figure out how to configure the mm_cfg.py appropriately or edit the variable's value in SpamAssassin.py

Attached Files:

4. paulkoan

paulkoan Well-Known Member

Right...

Is there an alternative that doesn't require this level of admin overhead? Perhaps by using a forwarder:

user -> forwarding address -> mailman address

Or does spam checking not happen until the mail is written?

5. blissend

blissend Member

Sounds like it would be tricky to setup something like that. I'm not sure how it would handle the replies going back and forth as it has to go to the right address each time. It would also probably skip spamassassin check unless it was an email account.

#5 blissend, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  6. my FootDr

my FootDr Registered

Thanks

Thanks, I had the same problem and all good now