The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailman archive filling up /usr

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by PDW, Aug 30, 2007.

1. PDW

PDW Well-Known Member

Is there a way to move the mailman archives. It seems ihave a user or a few users that are filling up the /usr directory due to their archives. This is something really new for me, since I have hosted these same accounts for about 4 years.

468120 ./local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/alertlist_mnsny.com
    425388 ./local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/alertlist_mnsny.com/attachments
    295032 ./local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/alertlist_mnsny.com.mbox

Or are there any other suggestions. My /usr is showing 86 %

2. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Move them and make an alias to the new location. I do that with my apache logs.

3. PDW

PDW Well-Known Member

Any directions somewhere that gives me an idea on how to do this. While I have ran my server for almost 4 years now, there are just some things Ive never had to do. any suggestion would be appreciated

4. PDW

PDW Well-Known Member

Mailman /usr filling up

Is there a way to move the mailman archives. It seems ihave a user or a few users that are filling up the /usr directory due to their archives. This is something really new for me, since I have hosted these same accounts for about 4 years.

468120 ./local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/alertlist_mnsny.com
    425388 ./local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/alertlist_mnsny.com/attachments
    295032 ./local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private/alertlist_mnsny.com.mbox

Or are there any other suggestions. My /usr is showing 86 %
    Edit/Delete Message

5. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

The mailman service is easily abused. I end up disabling it completely and I never enable it on new servers.