The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman archives left after terminating account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jhitesma, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jhitesma

jhitesma Active Member

We recently terminated an account on one of our servers, but I noticed that the mailman archives for a list that the account had were left behind.

I'm assuming it's safe to just delete the archives for that list in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/

Server details:
    Code:
    /etc/redhat-release:CentOS release 6.8 (Final)
    /usr/local/cpanel/version:11.62.0.16
    /var/cpanel/envtype:standard
    CPANEL=release

Is there a way to fully delete a mailing list once the associated account has been terminated? I had assumed that these would be removed along with the rest of the account but it seems that lists don't get deleted.

2. sktest123

sktest123 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @jhitesma,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look and verify if this behavior is by design? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

4. jhitesma

jhitesma Active Member

Sounds good, ticket # is: 8303949

@sktest123 - I saw that other thread, but I'm not looking to just prune the archives but actually remove all traces of the list which I had assumed would be done when I terminated the account. Now that the account is terminated I can't just delete the list through the accounts cpanel, and before I dig in on trying to do it manually wanted to see if anyone else had experience this and confirm what all needs to be removed and that it won't cause any errors for mailman as there is another list on the server.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To update, internal case CPANEL-12000 was opened to report the issue with mailman archives remaining on the system after an account is terminated. I'll update this thread with more information on the status of this case as it becomes available. In the meantime, you can manually remove the archives associated with the terminated accounts.

Thank you.