Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mailman Bounces - Want More of Them

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by lloyd_tennison, Oct 6, 2004.

1. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

I know it may sound crazy to some people, but I would like to have a copy of all Malman bounce messages in a local box. I tried using a shadow transport to a Maildir box - but it seems the default configuration of Cpanel excludes that - and installing it might cause trouble in the future. I can make Mailman send out uncaught bounce messages on them - but that causes waay to much server load - plus makes it harder to manage the messages.

I have tried filters - they always fail on the matching of the $local_part+bounces - never match anything and lose the local_part. I have tried in vfilters - same deal.

Any thoughts?

They can all go to a single box per domain or all to one box per server and be sorted from there.

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get mailman bounces for a while now with no success. I see them coming on on my mailserver, but mailman gets them first and deletes them before anything else can get to them.

3. lloyd_tennison

You can get them to ONLY go to the catchall account for the domain by simply removing the -bounces (and -bounces*) in the mailman_virtual_router(s) - but that is not exactly what I want. I want to have both of us see them.

Any thoughts anyone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Have you looked at WHM's System Mail Preferences?

5. lloyd_tennison

Thanks, but that does not handle that.