The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailman cpanel patches?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cpanel2-dmsi, Mar 10, 2003.

1. cpanel2-dmsi

cpanel2-dmsi Registered

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if there is someplace where I can get the patches (if there are any) that cpanel applies to mailman.

Essentially, I have a few lists hosted on a site run via cpanel and I am trying to find a way to fix an annoying problem with the mailman install. It seems that in order to allow duplicate list names across multiple domains, mailman lists get created with '_domain.tld' appended to them. This, in itself, isn't a problem. But what is a problem is that then you can't change the case of the list using the web interface (as you should be able to do). If you try, you get an error that says:

real_name attribute not changed! It must differ from the list's name by case only.

I can make the case change if I add the '_domain.tld' part on to the real_name text box, but then all the listinfo pages and such will display the list name with the '_domain.tld' part included.

Can anyone give me some hints as to how to fix this really annoying 'feature'? I would think that at the least, lists could keep the case as it is submitted, but I want to find out what changes (if any) cpanel makes to the mailman sources so I can see how feasible various solutions might be.

Thanks much for any help!

Todd

2. jelly

jelly Registered

If you have root shell access, you might try to change it directly using command line Mailman utilities if cPanel's Mailman installation provides them:

config_list -o <list_name_with_domain.com> somefile

then edit "somefile" (the real_name variable), and put the changes
    back with config_list -i <list_name> somefile.

Regards,
    Zoran

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: