The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman delivery problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sparek-3, Jul 20, 2005.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2002
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am having some trouble with the Mailman mailing list in CPanel. We have a user that uses Mailman to send out to subscribers. The user is always reporting that the messages are not being sent out. I checked this morning and there appear to be several messages from this user's list just sitting on the queue. When I looked at the message headers it seems that all messages have 313 recipients attached to it. I am assuming that this is how Mailman sends out messages, by splitting the recipients up and sending to 313 recipients at a time. When I try to force the delivery of this specific message id, it just seems to wait there. I guess one of the e-mail addresses may be invalid and causing timeouts, but I cannot determine which address.

Is there anyway to find out which e-mail address in the list of 313 is causing problems? Is there any reason why these messages would go to the queue instead of being sent out when the user posts to the list? Is there any other mailing list software that you would recommend over Mailman?

2. stasd

stasd Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Downgrade cPanel to release and don’t move for a month from that.