The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MailMan Error: DKIM Failure on MailMan Send

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Glexia, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Glexia

Glexia Member

Hi All,

I just spent the last two hours looking into this. Messages sent to my mailman lists were not being sent out, but all other features/messages affiliated with mailman worked. E.g. if I subscribed a new user, that user would get a confirmation and the owner would as well.

I found the issue. When Mailman rebroadcasts the mail, it does not preserve the DKIM or reply-to email addresses resulting in a DKIM failure. Since I had my EXIM set to reject DKIM failures, it wouldn't rebroadcast these messages out to the list. /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/smtp-failure shows:

Aug 21 23:08:20 2013 (2812) SMTP session failure: 550, DKIM: encountered the following problem validating glexia.com:
    signature_incorrect, msgid: <CAGj=18Eho6MwiO3m03t8Jzc38U7+Q1aY_8284WbwdPgCdxaQVQ@mail.gmail.com>
    Aug 21 23:10:07 2013 (2812) SMTP session failure: 550, DKIM: encountered the following problem validating glexia.com:
    signature_incorrect, msgid: <CAGj=18E4ZapqUnrvaCHFDRzGtWsyrUe9PYBhmr3Xzjw3wxNnRg@mail.gmail.com>

I don't know why the DKIM was failing because I have a valid DKIM signature. Furthermore, I've tested the DKIM validity on my outgoing mail and it worked fine.

To solve the issue I had to turn off DKIM rejection on my EXIM server. Could you please fix this issue?

Regards,

Glexia

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look?

Submit A Ticket

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. Glexia

Glexia Member

Ticket ID: 4327765

Should be plenty of information int here.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, we were not able to reproduce this issue due to a lack of authentication details. If anyone else experiences the same problem, feel free to open a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.