Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

MailMan Error: DKIM Failure on MailMan Send

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Glexia, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Glexia

Glexia Member

Hi All,

I just spent the last two hours looking into this. Messages sent to my mailman lists were not being sent out, but all other features/messages affiliated with mailman worked. E.g. if I subscribed a new user, that user would get a confirmation and the owner would as well.

I found the issue. When Mailman rebroadcasts the mail, it does not preserve the DKIM or reply-to email addresses resulting in a DKIM failure. Since I had my EXIM set to reject DKIM failures, it wouldn't rebroadcast these messages out to the list. /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/smtp-failure shows:

Aug 21 23:08:20 2013 (2812) SMTP session failure: 550, DKIM: encountered the following problem validating glexia.com:
    signature_incorrect, msgid: <CAGj=18Eho6MwiO3m03t8Jzc38U7+Q1aY_8284WbwdPgCdxaQVQ@mail.gmail.com>
    Aug 21 23:10:07 2013 (2812) SMTP session failure: 550, DKIM: encountered the following problem validating glexia.com:
    signature_incorrect, msgid: <CAGj=18E4ZapqUnrvaCHFDRzGtWsyrUe9PYBhmr3Xzjw3wxNnRg@mail.gmail.com>

I don't know why the DKIM was failing because I have a valid DKIM signature. Furthermore, I've tested the DKIM validity on my outgoing mail and it worked fine.

To solve the issue I had to turn off DKIM rejection on my EXIM server. Could you please fix this issue?

Regards,

Glexia

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look?

Submit A Ticket

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Glexia

Glexia Member

Ticket ID: 4327765

Should be plenty of information int here.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    To update, we were not able to reproduce this issue due to a lack of authentication details. If anyone else experiences the same problem, feel free to open a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...