The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman Generating Incorrect Archive URL

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bataylor, Oct 12, 2003.

1. bataylor

bataylor Member

Hi everyone,

First time on these forums. I've been a reseller on a WHM/CPanel server for a while, and now I'm taking the plunge to operating my own. A thanks for the nice little newbie HOWTO, by the way. :)

Anyway, onto the point:

The company that I am operating with set-up WHM/CPanel originally as test.test.com. I of course have since changed the hostname, and I thought that I had changed it correctly. The logs are indicating the new hostname.

I am experiencing a weird problem with Mailman, however. It seems that Mailman is generating the incorrect link to the archives page. Instead of domain.tld/pippermail/list_name, it is generating test.test.com/pippermail/list_name for all accounts. I don't know what's going on -- and I particularly don't understand where test.test.com is coming from!

An example of what's happening can be seen at http://listhq.com/mailman/listinfo/test_listhq.com.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do! Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Brett

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. bataylor

bataylor Member

Yikes!

Okay, so I had thought that I had scanned the forum archives adequately before posting. It turns out I hadn't. The best and most relevant match is at:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13383

Are the cPanel folks even thinking about fixing this? This is a major problem! The thread above is from AUGUST!

As the company that set-up my system had initially set it up as test.test.com, I had to manually edit /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py to include the correct hostname as follows:

Code:
    DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'servername.domain.tld'
    DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'servername.domain.tld'
    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

And for any virtual hosts you want to work with their own domains, you need to also add the following:

Code:
    add_virtualhost('domain.tld','domain.tld')
    I would just like to note that the links are only invalid when archives are public.

I hope this helps anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation to me. I've spent way too long trying to figure this one out.

Brett Taylor

3. baohx

baohx Member