The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman mailing list not sending message

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hamaya, Sep 6, 2008.

1. hamaya

hamaya Registered

Hi

I've been trying for 3 days straight using the mailman mailing list to no avail.
    I've read most of the documentation I can find online. They either do no help or are much too technical for me to understand.

As a starting point, I want to ask the following questions. I am new at this, please bear with me.

1. Do I need to install anything?

2. After I create the list, the administrator is automatically my website username. However, I never use this username. Do I need to keep this user name?

For example, my webadmin user name is HK123. However, I only have sales@domain.com so HK123@domain.com can be deleted right?

3. I have tried subscribing myself and others. But nothing seems to change. I checked the admin pages and accepted all the subscriptions. No messages were sent.

4. I have sent emails to my mailing list domain domain@domain.com. However in the archives it still says:

No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the archives are currently empty. You can get more information about this list.

When I get more information about the list, this message comes up

"No such list domain_domain.com

Below is a listing of all the public mailing lists on romana.instanthosting.com.au. Click on a list name to get more information about the list, or to subscribe, unsubscribe, and change the preferences on your subscription. To visit the general information page for an unadvertised list, open a URL similar to this one, but with a '/' and the right list name appended. "

2. tommyk

tommyk Registered

I'm just starting out with Mailing Lists as well. Did you ever figure out any of these issues?

3. illicitdynasty

any luck having the same issue

4. MHVishal

MHVishal Registered

Hey it may help to list the modules you are using for the mailing list and their versions so that someone with time on their hand can your installation and work this through to list not sending message