Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Mailman - NOT Receiving Bounces

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by lloyd_tennison, Mar 12, 2004.

1. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

I cannot receive any bounce messages from Mailman. I have put a bad address inti the list, sent mail to it and nothing. Put an address with a full mailbox, same thing. Sent to an address that needs a SPAM verify (mailblocker), same thing. Have tried both turning on and turning off bounce messaging management. I just moved to a new server and new hosting company and Mailman on that site does not work the same as Mailman on any of the other sites I used. I was using Mailman on the old site both with and without Cpanel. Mailman users group says that Cpanel "tweaks" Mailman - and all settings that I have set should work. With the advent of all these SPAM verifiication returns - would really like to actually see them.

The list an announce only list - all email is sent by the same reply-to address. The only non-standard setting is that the list is set to full personalization. No email is returned to from address, the list owner addresss or any other address on the domain. I have even deleted all of the email addresses except for one and made it the catch-all. So I know for a fact that the messages are never going through.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mccreare

mccreare Member

I've had the same reports from customers - any solution?

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

At the time, a fresh install of Mailman fixed the problem. Cpanel had done a partial update and had messed things up. Now, do you want to receive ALL the bounces - both processed and unprocessed? If so, I can help you with that. I handle some large lists and wish to remove bad addresses before they bounce out. User unknown is the same today or a month from now - is my thoughts, especially when sending 100,000 emails.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...