The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman - NOT Receiving Bounces

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by lloyd_tennison, Mar 12, 2004.

1. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

I cannot receive any bounce messages from Mailman. I have put a bad address inti the list, sent mail to it and nothing. Put an address with a full mailbox, same thing. Sent to an address that needs a SPAM verify (mailblocker), same thing. Have tried both turning on and turning off bounce messaging management. I just moved to a new server and new hosting company and Mailman on that site does not work the same as Mailman on any of the other sites I used. I was using Mailman on the old site both with and without Cpanel. Mailman users group says that Cpanel "tweaks" Mailman - and all settings that I have set should work. With the advent of all these SPAM verifiication returns - would really like to actually see them.

The list an announce only list - all email is sent by the same reply-to address. The only non-standard setting is that the list is set to full personalization. No email is returned to from address, the list owner addresss or any other address on the domain. I have even deleted all of the email addresses except for one and made it the catch-all. So I know for a fact that the messages are never going through.

2. mccreare

mccreare Member

I've had the same reports from customers - any solution?

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

At the time, a fresh install of Mailman fixed the problem. Cpanel had done a partial update and had messed things up. Now, do you want to receive ALL the bounces - both processed and unprocessed? If so, I can help you with that. I handle some large lists and wish to remove bad addresses before they bounce out. User unknown is the same today or a month from now - is my thoughts, especially when sending 100,000 emails.