The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailman on /usr

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by freshorange, Dec 15, 2009.

1. freshorange

freshorange Well-Known Member

hello,

my space /usr are going to out of space 89%
    i am using mailman. the size on /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data is 233MB.
    is the file on /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data is usefull?
    may i remove it or i move to another folder? because the file is the old file.

need your help

thank you

2. sven4o

sven4o Member

Most likely the reason for the increased disk space usage of the /usr folder are the Apache logs.

They are located in the /usr/local/apache/logs/ folder.

Also, the access log files for every domain are stored in the /usr/local/apache/domlogs directory.

You can decrease their size by setting the logs rotation from WHM -> Service Configuration -> Apache Configuration -> Log Rotation.

The old logs will be archived and you can delete them.

It is better to keep the mailman data folder, since it contains the messages for your mail lists.

We know cPanel because our web hosting customers love it!
    Check out our special cPanel hosting package!

#2 sven4o, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  3. freshorange

freshorange Well-Known Member

hello sven4o,

thanks for your advice,

i have check the size for apache log and domlog, its not increase my disk. and i also create a log rotate.
    its possible if i move the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data for the old file to another folder (ex: home folder). the folder mailman data contain some old file (2007 and 2008) like this:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 1764 Jun 16 2008 heldmsg-<bound\ method\ MailList.internal_name\ of\ <mailing\ list\ "cs_sinarmasfutures.co.id"\ (locked)\ at\ -4827cef4>>-7.pck
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 18376 Jun 19 2008 heldmsg-<bound\ method\ MailList.internal_name\ of\ <mailing\ list\ "cs_sinarmasfutures.co.id"\ (locked)\ at\ -4827cf54>>-13.pck
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 42522 Aug 3 2008 heldmsg-<bound\ method\ MailList.internal_name\ of\ <mailing\ list\ "cs_sinarmasfutures.co.id"\ (locked)\ at\ -4827d594>>-145.pck
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 42364 Aug 3 2008 heldmsg-<bound\ method\ MailList.internal_name\ of\ <mailing\ list\ "cs_sinarmasfutures.co.id"\ (locked)\ at\ -4827d594>>-146.pck
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 29979 May 14 2007 heldmsg-<bound\ method\ MailList.internal_name\ of\ <mailing\ list\ "syseng_banksinarmas.com"\ (locked)\ at\ -48121834>>-10.pck

that file is mailinglist message.
    i am confuse why the mailinglist message is keep on /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data. it should be store on /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/qfiles/in

so i need your advice, its better i move some old file on usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data to another folder, like folder /home with the much free space than /usr OR i still keep that file with the condition my /usr space will out of space.

i really need your advice

thank you very much

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The following mailman wiki entry should help; it shows a method to manually remove held messages via command-line (e.g., via SSH access):
    4.74 How do I manually remove held messages from the command-line? - Documentation - Confluence
    List Pages - Tree View - Documentation - Confluence