Mailman Password Weirdness

brianc

May 16, 2003
I am seeing some strange behavior on one of our cPanel servers. A client will use a non-SSL URL to log into their mailman admin interface. After they are logged in successfully, any other page they access in the mailman admin section, logs them out and asks for their password again. Did a new feature get introduce to cPanel that would explain this behavior or do I need to fill out a cPanel support ticket?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi, @brianc which version of cPanel & WHM are you using? I ask because in v90 (it was introduced in EDGE so technically v89.9999.76) we introduced a fix for this issue which sounds related to the issue you're experiencing:
  • Fixed case CPANEL-25738: Use custom mailman URL if provided.
Prior to the resolution to this being introduced the workaround for it was to disable /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/resetmailmanurls

brianc

May 16, 2003
The server is using v90.0.12 . Do I need to fill out a support ticket?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I am curious what the output of the following is for the list:

Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/dumpdb -p /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/listname_domain.tld/config.pck |grep "'web_page_url'"
If it's a mail URL (listname_mail.domain.tld/mailman) if the issue is resolved by running the following to fix the URL:

Code:
 sudo -u mailman /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname_domain.tld --urlhost=domain.tld

brianc

May 16, 2003
This is happening to all the mailman lists on this server. Do you still want me to run the above commands?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sneader Email 2
sneader Email 5
A Email 1
S Email 1
O Email 4