The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman problem -- moderated lists

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MikeHihn, Oct 20, 2004.

1. MikeHihn

MikeHihn Active Member

Might be a coincidence, but I recently upgraded to 9.9.2-S8, and have several problems with Mailman. I fixed one problem, but they may be related, so here's a full recap.

1) Would not create new lists. Returned the following error directly below the confirmation that the account was created. (I suspect it failed to write). Error was "CP-Wrap Critcal Error (signal 13 from wrapped program)! This may indicate a corrupt admin binary in /usr/local/cpanel/bin/"

Creates lists since I ran fixmailman and then reinstallmailman -- however, fixmailmanwithsuexec would not run, and actually threw me out of the SSH session (I use Putty) suexec is enabled.

2) Will not now work properly for moderated lists and users, across my entire server, from clients who say it used to work. Specifically, messages which should be moderated seem to disappear entirely, never appear in the moderator queue, and no email is sent back confirming the message is being held, and the message is also not delivered to the list.

Okay, I'm not technical, but it feels like these are all write failures. And I'm concerned by the consequences when I execute fixmailmanwithsuexec

Thanks,
    -Mike Hihn

2. digitaltrustee

digitaltrustee Registered

Same Problem

I am having the same problemn with moderated lists. The mail seems to just disappear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Vincil

3. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is generally caused by running older versions of Python. There are several none bugs known for Mailman running on systems with older versions of Python. As most rpm based distributions only provide an older version of Python, it is often necessary to install a newer version from source.

You can often see evidence of these version related bugs in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/error (file and path may be different, I'm just recalling it from memory). There will be tracebacks of the errors there.