The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman sending problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by vitucci, Mar 23, 2006.

1. vitucci

vitucci Registered

I've been having customers report problems with my mailman mailing lists, but I can never replicate them myself. People complain that their mailman mailing lists sometimes take up to 2-3 days to go out. When I create a new mailing list and try it on the same machine, my mails go out instantly.

However, I can't get any useful information out of mailman's logs that would even confirm that it got a message incoming at one time but didn't send it out immediately, let alone why it would be doing that. I can see logs of when a message was given to mailman, but not what it did with it after that.

Can anyone tell me how I might track this down, or if anyone's seen it before?

2. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

I have the same issue where 3 mailing lists for a client suddenly stopped working, won't send out.

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

If Mailman discarded a message it would be in the mischief log, or vette log. You can trace the message all the way through mailman based on the message id that was sent to it. Mailman sends out over a million a week for me, and I do not have any problems like that. You can trace through exim when the messages were sent from Mailman and delivered by exim - but most of the data is detailed when you use full verp. (I highly recommend using it.)