The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailman shell commands not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anton_latvia, Dec 4, 2014.

1. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Customer with a regular shell tries to run "sync_members" command for mailman, but fails.

Server has mod-ruid, virtfs, although customer has regular shell enabled.

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/list_lists", line 130, in <module>
        main()
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/list_lists", line 100, in main
        mlist = MailList.MailList(n, lock=0)
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 130, in __init__
        self.Load()
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 668, in Load
        dict, e = self.__load(file)
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 633, in __load
        fp = open(dbfile)

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/foreldre_domain.no/config.pck'

And when I try to run the sync_members command I get the following errors:

vadsosv@domain.no [~]#  /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/sync_members -f ./test.txt trenere_domain.no
    Ignore  :
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 296, in <module>
        main()
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 220, in main
        mlist = MailList.MailList(listname)
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 128, in __init__
        self.Lock()
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 161, in Lock
        self.__lock.lock(timeout)
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 243, in lock
        self.__write()
      File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 422, in __write
        fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/locks/trenere_domain.no.lock.web9.domain.guru.24580.0'
    When I check these files - I can confirm that permissions are set, so he can not access them. Should in general regular users have access to these files and be able to write? Are there any workarounds?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Support ticket ID 5786733

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, testing by our analysts indicates the scripts in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/ aren't intended to be used by the individual accounts. Instead, they are intended for the "root" user only.

Thank you.