The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman, SpamAssasin & Autodelete

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by alexstj_au, Feb 16, 2010.

1. alexstj_au

alexstj_au Registered

Greets to one and all.

I'm using a cPanel account on shared hosting and unfortunately the support staff at the hosting company don't seem to be able to find a solution for this, so I'm hoping that we might be able to get some info here that I can take back to them.

I run a small site, that uses a fair few mailing lists for communication purposes for sports teams. They are essential to the running of the club for which the site is for, and up until now have worked very well.

Currently having a lot o' spam hitting my mailman lists. Fortunately it won't get through, as they're all moderated, but it can be a pain in the backside to moderate 40+ lists every day.

I've tried ramping up my SpamAssasin settings, including enabling autodelete for mail with SA score >3, but still getting through.

It seems that anything destined for MailMan will be marked as spam if the score is high enough, but won't be deleted before it hits the lists.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I could get mail deleted before Mailman knows about it?

The auto-delete function works correctly for the normal POP mailboxes, it's just the mailing list addresses that still get the spam through, even if the spam score is above (or way above!) the auto-delete score.

It's not a problem with mail being marked as spam - spamassasin is doing a good job of that, but it's more that it's just not being automatically deleted when the spam tag's score is high enough.

Any collective wisdom on this would be appreciated