The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman Subscription problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by pcatlast, Oct 26, 2004.

1. pcatlast

pcatlast Member

I have recently set up two mailing lists for a volunteer organisation. One has everyone in it, and I manually entered about 1000 addresses without confirmation and everything worked fine.
    The second is only for a (large) subset of the members, and I foolishly set it up to invite everyone so the members retained control. Most of them failed to confirm the subscription request and we got a flood of email asking "what the hell is this all about" kind of questions.

I've tried to turn off all the confirmation emails on this second list so we can enter the addresses from the office like we did with the first list, but to no avail. It keeps on sending confirmation requests that keep on getting ignored or picked up by spam filters, and we cant use the second list because only about 100 of the 800 people that should be on it, are.

What am I missing? Privacy options are already set to "Require Approval" which is the only option that doesn't include "confirm".

Thanks

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. pcatlast

pcatlast Member

Thanks, but I did already go to the Mailman site, where I found a FAQ that said support for Mailman installed under Cpanel should come from here... :confused:

4. NNNils

NNNils Well-Known Member

Did you ever find a solution on this? We have the same problem.

5. pcatlast

pcatlast Member

Yes and No.

While I'm sure there must a setting somewhere that could have been changed, I couldn't find it, and nobody was willing to offer any assistance.:eek:

I ended up just deleteing the entire mailing list, and recreated it from scratch - making sure to set all the "don't ask" options right off the bat. This was only really a valid option because it was decided to use the list as an announce only list, and take away all options for subscribers to do just about anything with it, and leaving the admin with all the responsibility for keeping everything up to date.

Seemed to work OK. I'm guessing there must be some settings configured at initial setup that can't be altered afterwards unless you know the right handshake!

Good luck...