The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman Unroutable Domain Fix

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Elikster, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Elikster

Elikster Well-Known Member

Okie...after some major digging I found a good solution for our servers, and I figures I pass this along. You probably have gotten tickets from your customers about sometimes they get lot of bounced emails from the mailing lists due to huge list of subscribers. And the common problem with it is that with mailing lists with huge lists of subscibers, Mailman in general configuration sends 500 addresses in each mailing, which seems to cause chronic pains to Exim.
    I have done some digging though the www.exim.org site and found a nice nugget which should be useful which have solved our problems here. Basically, you need to add 2 lines into the Mailman configuration in the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py with this:

# Max recipients for each message
    SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 20
    # Max messages sent in each SMTP connection
    SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION = 15

This is the setting I used on ours to keep the loads low and to have it perform the mailings without bombing out and not to spit lot of mailman bounces due to Domain Unroutable.

sawbuck likes this.
  2. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

thank you !

3. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

So let's say my billin software Modern Bill sends out a few hundred emails at once. How does it work with this method you provided? Will it queue (perhaps divide) the sessions and send them each accordingly until all sent or what?

4. Vatoloco

Vatoloco Well-Known Member

It was suggested to me to add this:

Code:
      # Max recipients for each message
      SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 15
      # Max messages sent in each SMTP connection
      SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION = 30

5. markhard

markhard Well-Known Member

can we set the maximum recepients on exim level? incase an user send email with alot Cc: or Bcc:

thanks