The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman - Unsubscribe after just one hard bounce

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by LambdaEnt, Oct 4, 2008.

1. LambdaEnt

LambdaEnt Registered

I am creating an annual, announce-only list with over 1300 members. This is for a once-a-year community event where people have asked/signed up to be informed. Many of the email addresses were collected at the previous event one year ago (or more), so I expect many to be no longer active.

As this list will only be used once a year, I wish all hard-bounced members to be removed immediately.

I have set the following:
    bounce_score_threshold = 1.0
    bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0

I added a bogus email to the membership, and sent out an email to the list. The member is now tagged nomail (reason ), but 36 hours later the user has not been unsubscribed.

Please help. I need to get this announcement out ASAP.

Thank you.

#1 LambdaEnt, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You seem to have half of it setup correctly.

"How many Your Membership Is Disabled warnings a disabled member should get before their address is removed from the mailing list. Set to 0 to immediately remove an address from the list once their bounce score exceeds the threshold."

Change your "bounce_score_threshold" to .01 and it should remove them right away. One bounce equals 1.0 and does not exceed the threshold of 1.0, but equals it!

Hope this helps,
    Ron