The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailman... what a headache.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by devGOD, Jun 4, 2009.

1. devGOD

devGOD Well-Known Member

So today I decided to try out the Mailing List feature of cpanel... WOW. i've never been so confused and overwhelmed with options for a program before. All i wanted to do was import Emails adds with usernames and send out a Update notice to members.

Anyway are there any other alternatives for a addon?

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Mailman is a huge pain, moreso when stuff breaks, I will wholeheartedly agree. As far as cPanel integration that is the only one that I know of.

The other option would be to go with a php based mailer that uses a pipe to handle everything (which mailman does anyways). I don't have a specific recommendation for that.

That being said mailman is great overall and if you look lots of large mailing lists use it. Are you having any specific issues or just overwhelmed? Take some time to read it all as it is not too bad.

3. devGOD

devGOD Well-Known Member

i'm overwhelmed. I'm trying to send out a simple newletter to over 70,000+ users. My csv database consist of Username and Email