The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mails aren't received by destination

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by fradique, Jul 14, 2011.

1. fradique

fradique Registered

:confused: The exmi smtp server receives the message to be delivered. Finishes with a 250 code saying that everything is ok. But the destination email never receives it.
    The ugly:
    All my clients are reporting the same thing, I tried checking the configurations, restarting the services, rebooting the server nothing works.
    The weird:
    Some mails arrive well though, the small plain tests, but when you attach something or the email is bigger the destination email don't get them.
    If you config the client to use ssl over port 465 then all mails reach the destination, with attachments or not, small or big doesn't matter.
    The problem:
    My clients need to be able to send mail through the normal port 25 without using certificates.

I'm desperate please help.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What email client are they using? If it is Outlook, I've heard reports that Outlook will not properly pass the failure message back when the port is blocked for outgoing emails by the ISP. As such, their ISP might be blocking port 25 from sending, which means they either need to use an alternate SMTP port (you can configure an alternate port in WHM > Service Manager for exim such as 587) or use their ISP's outgoing email server.

3. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

can you use a alternate SMTP port than 25 for a specific account only and not for the whole server?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not certain I understand your question. If the alternate SMTP port is configured in WHM > Service Manager as I mentioned in my prior reply, this would be enabling an alternate SMTP port for any account on the entire server. Exim either has an alternate port open or it doesn't have an alternate port open. SMTP ports aren't account specific.