The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mails not being received

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ploppy, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ploppy

ploppy Active Member

hello. all of a sudden, no mails are reaching my inbox. i am using outlook 2003 and i have done tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog and it is showing as completed but nothing at all is being received by client. also, there is no entry in the mail que. no mails from anyone even though i know people hav sent mails to me. where would i start to troublshoot this? many thanks

2. ManuelT

ManuelT Well-Known Member

I'm getting a similar issue i'm having a look at it now, could this be something in the nightly update?

#2 ManuelT, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  3. ManuelT

For me anyway it seems that the server is getting emails but i can't connect on port 110. however services are running. I'll continue to have a look.

4. ManuelT

Ignore me it was a local issue. Damn Microsoft!

5. ploppy

ploppy Active Member

in my case, the client connects ok but no mails ar being delivered. i have checked the mail que in whm and there is nothing there. all other accounts are delivering ok, except this one. need help to troubleshoot. cheers. glad you got yours sorted :)

6. ploppy

ploppy Active Member

any help here? just a further bit of info, started happening after i took spammassasin off. cheers

7. jairo

jairo Member

hola

hola revisa la quota de la cuenta de correo o el ancho de banda de la cuenta esta copado en su todalidad.

8. blkjck

blkjck Well-Known Member

If it is just one user, take a look at the file permissions and quota for that usernames mailbox.
    /home/acctusername/mail/domainname.com/emailusername/
    Try the fixmailperm from WHM Mail section.
    A easy way to check mail quotas is to install cpanel plugin Config Mail Manager http://www.configserver.com/cp/cmm.html
    If the quota is wrong, saying it is full when it is not, remove the maildirsize located in the emailusernames directory. When a new mail comes in it will recreate the file and restart from zero. Check the spambox for that user if spam is not being discarded.

9. ploppy

ploppy Active Member

thanks for rply blkjck. there are no quotas on any accounts. i can see the mail in the inbox, it is just that outlook is not collecting it. i also did repair mailbox perms. thanks