The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mails Not being Sent Out

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ekhwan, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ekhwan

ekhwan Active Member

I am using
    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.1-S14304
    Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

I see the email queue building up like anything. No mails are being sent out of the server and are lying unsent in the queue. Any mail sent by anyuser@anydomain.com hosted on the server is being sent out as cpanel@hostname and not as user@domain.

I can ping to other domains like gmail.com and yahoo.com from the server but when sending mails most of the mails are returning connection timed out or user not found whereas the user does exist.

Someone please help me.

Also I am not getting notifications from my server to my address xyz@myisp.com these mails are also lying in the queue.

2. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Login to whm as root, click on one of the emails in the queue that you know is outgoing to a valid address, and manually send it from there. It will show it unfreezing, and then it will return an error message as to why it can not send. What is that error message?

3. ekhwan

ekhwan Active Member

Ok I clicked on deliver for a message in the queue. This message is to my ISP email that is valid.

FYI, I can ping to my ISP domain. So server is connecting alright.

This is an email to an address on the same server. The address is also valid.

This email is to a valid gmail address once again

Please help I am having this trouble with all domains hosted on the VPS.

#3 ekhwan, Jul 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. jandafields

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would bet that you are missing some important information that the receiving servers are looking for. Are you certain that your rdns is setup correctly? Many servers will block without a proper rdns and spf and helo, etc.

5. ekhwan

ekhwan Active Member

Well I have no idea of what you are talking about. It would be of great help if you explain. Thanks for replying though.

6. jandafields

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A quick search on these forums will explain everything here.

RDNS is a way of looking up a hostname from an IP address. Sort of like a verification check in an extremely simplified term. Usually, your hosting company will set this up for you when you ask them. A few have methods available for you to do so yourself. Contact them for more information.

SPF is a dns entry that tells which IP addresses are allowed to send mail from your domain. Yahoo and Hotmail and others check this to see if your IP is in the allowed list. If not, there will be problems. You can easily add this through WHM to your DNS entries. Search the Internet for an SPF gererator, or use these forums to see how to format it correctly.

Make sure your valid hostname is set in whm. If so, exim will format the HELO correctly without needing to do anything.

Use dnsstuff.com to make sure your settings and config are correct. Also, use their black list checker to make sure you are not black listed anywhere.