Mails not delivered by TB outside our own domain

TejasM

May 4, 2020
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi

My Thunderbird ver 91.0.1. Hosting - Godaddy.

My emails by TB does NOT get delivered to any other recipients (expect to recipients within our own domain) and i get a delivery permanent error.
So the mails gets delivered to my internal work colleagues on the same company domain but it does not get delivered out our domain to any 3rd party email ids like gmail or yahoo or any other company mails. ??

Tis is not a server problem as i checked with the hosting team and when we send emails using "Cpanel webmail" it does work properly and get delivered to ALL the receipients, internal within domain and external both delivered properly. But when sending the same email through Thunderbird it fails for external domain emails.

All incoming mails are being received in TB with IMAP.
We are using GoDaddy hosting. SMTP. Port 465. Secure SSL/TLS.

Somewhere on the forum i read about compatibility of newer TB with TLS setting, and tried changing it to older 1 from 3 but it does not help.

Please advise.

Regards
Tejas Mehta

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Do you have root access to the server? If so, you'd need to check the /var/log/exim_mainlog file to see what the error is when you try and send those external messages, as that log should show what is going on. If you don't have root access, there likely isn't a way for you to fix this on your own, and you'd need to get your hosting provider involved.

TejasM

May 4, 2020
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,
I do have some access to server (shared Linux on Godaddy) and i searched the file mentioned above but could not find any by this name.
Please advise further on probable issues and how to rectify them as Godaddy team is not able to solve the problem, they are pathetic.

Regards
Tejas

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details. Unfortunately there likely isn't much you'll be able to do on your side to resolve this issue, as you really need those specific logs to see why those connections aren't working properly. There isn't a logical reason why webmail would work but a client would run into routing issues, so seeing the error logs would be the most helpful solution.

TejasM

May 4, 2020
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Just an update ---

I downloaded a new email software - eMClient (earlier it was on Thunderbird) on my laptop and configured the above mail. So the same thing is happening that mails to external domains are NOT getting delivered, while internal within our own domain works.
So it is something with the SMTP configuration of Godaddy /cPanel ?? Please advise what can we ask them to check specifically as the Godaddy tech support team are dumb fellows and do not support emails on cpanel.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you're having issues with support at your current host, it might be best to think about seeking out another hosting provider.

It's very odd to me that a local client wouldn't be able to send externally but webmail would. When that happens, I usually suspect a routing issue in cPanel >> Email Routing, but if that were broken it would affect Webmail as well.

The only thing I can recommend is that the host checks the /var/log/exim_mainlog file as well as /var/log/maillog to see what is happening with that transaction. If they aren't able to resolve the issue, they can always submit a ticket to us directly so we can take a look.

TejasM

May 4, 2020
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks for your reply.

The Email routing was checked by Godaddy and set to "local". Is it alright.
Godaddy would not raise a ticket to you guys. Can i raise a ticket ?