The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MailScanner and exim queue problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by fred123123, Mar 14, 2006.

1. fred123123

fred123123 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I seem to have a problem today...

My mails are scanned correctly by mailscanner... and then put somewhere and wait to be delivered to the user mailbox...

But my problem is that they are not delivered ... They just wait and wait...

It worked fine yesterday and even during the nite...

To deliver the mails, i have to go in the mail queue manager section in whm and manually press deliver...

Please advise me... i don't know what could be the problem... I'm pretty sure it comes from exim... but don't know where to check exactly ...

thanks for help,

2. fred123123

fred123123 Well-Known Member

UPDATE FOR THOSE WITH THIS PROBLEM:

MailScanner was looping on 10 or 11 messages... Every 5 or 10 seconds, these messages was scanned... again and again...
    That was causing load... and also, some mails were put in the queue and never delivered after they were scanned...

I tried many things... and i finally deleted all the mails that was in /var/log/exim_input/*/
    MailScanner then, complained about file not found... I restarted it... and everything was solved... it was able to proceed the queue normally ...

Sarah from configserver.com ( i recommend their services! ) told me this morning that he heard about a problem with loop and TNEF attachments ...

So happy ending story... oh and thanks for your comments and help :)
    j/k :rolleyes:

3. Snowman30

Snowman30 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Im having this same issue with one of our servers...

but it never had exim_input folders??