Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

MailScanner + antivirus.exim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by wa4fat, Oct 15, 2006.

1. wa4fat

wa4fat Well-Known Member

I use and enjoy MailScanner tremendously. Lately, however, I've been interested in adding additional specific EXIM filtering, with the antivirus.exim functionality (to catch certain new email spam mailings server-wide by subject).

MailScanner apparently bypasses this EXIM filtering, as illustrated by the latest MailScanner changes:

-- Modified installer script to change the exim system_filter to an empty file (/etc/antivirus.empty) instead of periodically emptying /etc/antivirus.exim

Is there a reason I should avoid using antivirus.exim in addition to MailScanner?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you want to use custom functions just add them to antivirus.empty and they'll then be used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...