The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailscanner Clam Update Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by lloyd_tennison, Feb 17, 2007.

1. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Two Problems with Chirpy's install - see if anyone else has seen and fixed.

1. When selecting the upgrade button for MailScanner, everything seems run, but it still says I have the old version. I manually upgraded and that seems to be fixed.

2. I saw that Clam was still the old version (but no warning from Chirpy's install) So I manually installed using Chirpy's instructions. All was fine until I ran the perl update

Code:
    /scripts/perlinstaller --force Mail::ClamAV
    and I get compilation failed

Code:
      Starting "make" Stage
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/.cpan/build/Mail-ClamAV-0.17/_Inline/build/Mail/ClamAV'
    /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/ExtUtils/typemap   ClamAV.xs > ClamAV.xsc && mv ClamAV.xsc ClamAV.c
    gcc -c  -I/home/.cpan/build/Mail-ClamAV-0.17 -I/usr/local/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -g -pipe -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4   -DVERSION=\"0.17\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.17\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE"   ClamAV.c
    ClamAV.xs: In function `clamav_perl__scanbuff':
    ClamAV.xs:185: warning: passing arg 3 of `Perl_sv_setpv' makes pointer from integer without a cast
    ClamAV.xs: In function `clamav_perl__scanfd':
    ClamAV.xs:229: warning: passing arg 3 of `Perl_sv_setpv' makes pointer from integer without a cast
    ClamAV.xs: In function `clamav_perl__scanfile':
    ClamAV.xs:270: warning: passing arg 3 of `Perl_sv_setpv' makes pointer from integer without a cast
    ClamAV.xs: In function `error':
    ClamAV.xs:293: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    ClamAV.xs: In function `clamav_perl_constant':
    ClamAV.xs:308: error: `CL_EMALFZIP' undeclared (first use in this function)
    ClamAV.xs:308: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    ClamAV.xs:308: error: for each function it appears in.)
    ClamAV.xs:334: error: `CL_SCAN_DISABLERAR' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make[1]: *** [ClamAV.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/.cpan/build/Mail-ClamAV-0.17/_Inline/build/Mail/ClamAV'

A problem was encountered while attempting to compile and install your Inline
    C code. The command that failed was:
      make

The build directory was:
    /home/.cpan/build/Mail-ClamAV-0.17/_Inline/build/Mail/ClamAV

To debug the problem, cd to the build directory, and inspect the output files.

at /home/.cpan/build/Mail-ClamAV-0.17/blib/lib/Mail/ClamAV.pm line 193
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/.cpan/build/Mail-ClamAV-0.17/blib/lib/Mail/ClamAV.pm line 537.
    Compilation failed in require.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    make: *** [ClamAV.inl] Error 2

Line 193 is:

Code:
    use Inline C => <<'END_OF_C';
    Line 537 is:

Code:
    END_OF_C
    So they are definitely related. have also tried doing /scripts/realperlinstaller

I also made sure perl was updated with:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules

For now, I am just not using the clamavmodule in MailScanner, just clamav.

2. gemininetcom

gemininetcom Active Member

You probably tried to upgrade ClamAV to 9.0 which you should not have done :( .
    Read Chirpy's Blog at www.configserver.com/blog/

14 Feb 07: Do not upgrade to ClamAV v0.90

Don't be tempted to upgrade to ClamAV v0.90 if you are running MailScanner. The Mail::ClamAV perl module is incompatible with it at this time, so you will have to stick with ClamAV v0.87 (why can't they develop these things to be backwards compatible?). Hopefully the Mail::ClamAV developer will fix this soon. If you must use v0.90 then you'll have to set virus scanners = clamav in MailScanner.conf