The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailscanner false positive

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Blackcat, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

Hi all

One of my customers shop is sending an attachment named msg-466-50.txt as order confirmation, now every order confirmation is deleted with reason : No programs allowed (msg-466-50.txt)

Digits in that confirmation are applied from the order number.

Log means : Sep 26 10:12:13 server2 MailScanner[2185]: Filetype Checks: No executables (msg-2185-141.txt)

That thing is driving me :mad: . It's just a simple txt file, containing the order confermation.
    I've allready tried that one http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?p=207809#post207809 Didn't work for me.

Please, if anybody has a good idea, let me know.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, these aren't the forums for MailScanner support since cPanel don't support it themselves. That said, you could always exclude the affected domain by manipulating the scanning rulesets.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Member

Is there a discription how i could exclude the affected domain? It would be the solution for me, for that problem. Allready tried with adding :

From: admin@customerdomain.ch /usr/mailscanner/etc/filetype.no.rules.conf

In the top of the config files :
    filename.rules.conf
    filetype.rules.conf

Killed the mailscanner job (not found in init.d as service) an started new. Didn't made any changes to that problem.