The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MailScanner for individual users

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bmarshallbri, May 4, 2007.

1. bmarshallbri

bmarshallbri Active Member

I was wondering if there is a way to configure mailscanner and cpanel to give individual users access to their spam settings?

I've seen some systems that forward spam/virus mail to something like a boxtrapper. I have found I can forward all mail for a domain to an account like spam@domain.com. I have also found in the mail scanner notes that I can setup accounts for individual users. But as far as I can tell they would need access to WHM to get there and the accounts must be setup manually.

What I would like is for users to be able to login and view/deliver spam as well as modify spam/ham message status on individual emails.

Is this possible? Could you suggest or point me to solutions for this?

2. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The Administrator in WHM would setup the users to access Mailscanner. The customer would use cPanel and would click "MailScanner Configuration" icon.

3. VinceL

VinceL Member

This has worked for me flawlessly and it was specifically designed for CPanel:

Mail-Scanner Front End for CPanel Users

4. bmarshallbri

bmarshallbri Active Member

RE: Still looking for a solution

vinceL,

Thanks for your response. I do in fact use it. Can't say it enough, looooooooooove the package Chirpy has put together. It has been an indispensable tool in the battle on spam.

What I am still striving to achieve is a spam solution that gives users individual access to their spam settings. Ideally each account would have it's own quarantine that users can access, whitelist etc.

Has anyone been able to piece something like this together?

Thanks again

GO CPANEL!