The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailscanner issue

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by BraveX, Dec 15, 2005.

1. BraveX

BraveX Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm using mailscanner and liking it. However, I have a customer who is reporting that ALL of their email is being tagged as spam. I have had them forward some of the messages and they do NOT look like spam at all or anything that would trigger it.

In the whitelist area, it says we can add using *domain.com and user@domain.com. I added *customer-domain.com (the customer's domain) but that did not solve it.

two questions... first, any ideas what could be causing this? Is it possible their IP is banned?

And second question.. what can I do to resolve it? Is it possible to add their IP to the white list?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#1 BraveX, Dec 15, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  2. BraveX

BraveX Well-Known Member

Still hoping someone can help me with this. My customer is pretty frustrated.

3. hergy80

hergy80 Well-Known Member

Did you use *@domain.com or just *domain.com -- It should be *@domain.com

When is it marking the messages as being spammed? Are they not getting anything in, or are others not receiving anything they send?

If no one is getting their mail that they send (IE it's getting marked as spam at other servers) check your IP on dnsstuff.com under the spam box, and see if any come up in red. This means your server's IP is blacklisted as a spammer, and you'll have to try to get off those lists. Also if you don't have an SPF records, you should get one, since some bigger ISPs are requiring them. And make sure your reverse DNS PTR is set correctly. (You can check that at dnsreport.com -- just enter the domain name.)

If they are all getting spammed coming in from other people, check the mailwatch (if you have it installed) and it usually says why it was spammed (RBL, invalid content, etc.)

Hope that helps a little, but let us know where it's being blocked for better help.

#3 hergy80, Dec 20, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It would also help if you posted the x-MailScanner email header records for their tagged email as that would show why they're being tagged.