The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MailScanner Upgrade Error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by lloyd_tennison, Oct 16, 2006.

1. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting to post this, MailScanner seems to change some of the values in MailScanner.conf that it should not be on upgrade, namely where unrar is located - it blanks it out - and Use TNEF Contents = - I have that set to add and it always zaps it back to no.

Not big problem, but if I forget to change back, some email gets delivered with the stupid winmail.dat and I get calls.

There might be something else that is being changed too, if these two are, I do not know and have not checked every value.

2. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

thanks for the info. I checked mine and it does got reset.

One thing I am not so sure about is the unrar feature. I should be /usr/bin/unrar right? But I don't have unrar. Do I have to install it manually? Also, it does say something about using perlmodule of unrar, I looked and found clamav to have some unrar library. Are those it?

3. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    mine does too easiest way I have found is to keep a backup copy and just copy it back over