The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailserver Selection and Conversion failed

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by shaibn, May 12, 2010.

1. shaibn

shaibn Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

Apart from 4 accounts, all the conversion went fine. I found out that four accounts had bad permission (wrong ownership) and fixed it.

But how can I manually convert these four maildirs to the currently already active Courier maildir format?

# /scripts/convert2courier
    Already configured.

I just need to make sure these four accounts are using the correct maildir format.

And yes, I tried to go on Webmail and it works fine (does that mean everything is fine?)

2. shaibn

shaibn Member
    PartnerNOC

I found this script /scripts/maildir_converter ; can this help me out? Again, I'm trying to avoid running this on all the maildirs again, just need to make sure these four last ones are Ok.

3. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What type of conversion did you do?

To be clear, are you talking about a conversion from mbox to Maildir, or a conversion from Dovecot to Courier-IMAP?

If Webmail is working well, then there is likely nothing more that needs to be done. Webmail uses IMAP, so anything that might cause a problem in a mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird should also appear in Webmail.

You can try using /scripts/maildir_converter, which converts to/from Dovecot and Courier-IMAP formats, but if the accounts appear to be working well, this may not be necessary.

4. shaibn

shaibn Member
    PartnerNOC

Yea, things seem to be working well... so I moved on.