The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mailwatch installation script

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by abubin, Jun 14, 2005.

1. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

anyone have mailwatch installation script or howto for cpanel?

I am trying to install mailwatch which i love because it does help out a lot with handling mails.

But so far, besides Chirpy's (webumake.com) excellent support for mailscanner I have not come across any help on installing mailwatch. Webumake.com offers $35 for complete mailscanner installation package which is worth every penny. I can't really afford that plus i would like to learn more by installing it myself.

I need some advice on installing mailwatch for example, like the problem of DBD::mysql version which has to be 2.1028. Wonder if everyone who is using mailwatch have to use this version or people are using another DBD::mysql version.

Any other comment for installing mailwatch? Appreciate any help.....

edit : I found out that to use MySQL 4.1, there is this line in the WHM statement for upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 .....

MySQL Version to use (you must run Software/Update Server Software (or /scripts/mysqlup) for this to take affect. You should then run buildapache/easyapache after changing this option. You may also need to run /scripts/perlinstaller --force Bundle::DBD::mysql. Updating from mysql 4.0 to mysql 4.1 is not automaticlly reversable. You should backup your databases if you think you might wish to downgrade in the future.

Anyone have problem with this new version of DBD::mysql with mailwatch?

#1 abubin, Jun 14, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  2. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

No so much a install script, but I posted directions about 1 year ago..

Clicky

3. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

yup! saw your helpful instructions but as that was 1 year ago, was afraid if there might be anything different since then.

Still, can I know if you ever upgrade your DBD::mysql version or you still at 2.1028?

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

There are workarounds for the MySQL issues posted on the MailWatch forum/mailing list on SourceForge.

5. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

is THIS the workaround you are referring to?

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yup, that's the one. With that you should comment out the following line or you'll get a huge trace log in your root account:

DBI->trace(7,'/root/dbitrace.log');

7. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

Chirpy, mind giving another hint on how to make the quarantine and marking [spam] or [ham] feature in mailwatch? I really need these feature which makes mailwatch a complete package.

I have tried chmod and chown with mailnull:mail or even 777 to no avail. Also tried nobody:nobody but still doesn't work. Would appreciate if you could help out with your expertise in mailscanner+mailwatch.

Thanks in advance.

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I don't recall the trials and tribulations that I had to go through getting MailWatch to work anymore under a user account. My implementation runs under root through WHM and so doesn't suffer from such problems. You do need to ensure that not only exim, but the account you run the php scripts under both have read and write access to both the MailScanner quarantine files and the SpamAssassin server-wide bayesian database if you have one configured.