The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main account mail relaying problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by remik, Mar 17, 2005.

1. remik

remik Guest

Hi,

I have a problem with sending emails from the main account of each user. After creating a new user, cpanel automaticly creates and receives mail for username@domain.name. It is called the main account.

I can download email using pop3 and cpanel's user/pass combination.
    The problem occures when I try to use SMTP authentication. The same user/pass combination doesn't work. Exim logs show information that user authentication has failed.

I found a workaround, which is to create another mail account with the same username and use a full email adres as the username for pop3 and smtp.

It would be a lot less complicated if my clients could use the same username/password as in cpanel to download and send their emails. Is there any way to make it work?
    Looking forward to a fast reply..

Cheers,
    Remik

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It all depends on what you have configured the Default Address (catchall alias) to. If it is set to anything other than forwarding to the main account name, then you have to create a virtual account for the main account to work - it's a quirk of cPanel's integration with exim.

3. ehpmahesh

ehpmahesh Well-Known Member

If you configuring you default account in outlook, you have to configur your account in some different way. While configuring general account we use give full e-mail address but wile configuring default mail account you have to give only e-mail account name, like username
    without @domainname. Try to configure e-mail account with @. Let me know if you get sucess.