The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main IP + Subdomains all give "there is no website...etc"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ley, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Ley

Ley Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Ok ill explain the sitation first:

I have 1 IP. This is a router. Lets give it ip adres:
    This router forwards all the ports needed to an internal freebsd server with ip adres:

I have 1 domain. Lets call it

This is how i configured WHM to be:

Main Shared Virtual Host IP:

I have let it use and as primary and secondary nameservers and these nameservers i have given ip adres aswell.

I will explain why this setup before you all stop reading :)

I have 1 domain and on this domain i offer free hosting to people. The hosting they get is whatever they want, if they got a domain they can use that, if not they get a subdomain:

This used to work very well and all dns could find this untill today.

I have added several subdomains this way: "create new account". As domain simply choose a subdomain and voila.

The zonerecords are automaticly altered to point to and and to the ip adres

This stopped working for some reason and i dont know why...

Everytime i visit my main domain i get : THERE IS NO WEBSITE CONFIGURED AT THIS ADRES

I get this also with the subdomains. BUT if i change in whm the ip adres used for these domains (subdomains) to my interlanl ip (with ip migration wizzard) My main site found at and with the domain is found in internet explorer. Just the subdomains do not work...because they are configured to point to my lan ip....i really dont know why this stopped working :(

If anyone could help me so i can keep offering this free stuffs please reply :)