Main 'reseller' domain is not visible?

Milka

Jan 23, 2004
Hello!

When I add a domain name in WHM and mark it as reseller (add reseller privileges), it have cPanel access and can be accessed to standalone WHM page, BUT this domain is not visible in the WHM!

I can see it under root WHM, but when I login under the domain's username, the domain is not visible. Other domains (added under this account) are OK.

Thank you for your tips.
M

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Search is your friend as there is lots more to be done and lots of good posts regarding the specifics.

i.e., assigning Resouces & NS, IPs allocated and for Sharing, change Ownership of Reseller Domain, edite DNS for Reseller Domain

cn.o

Registered
Jun 8, 2003
hmm... I have the same problem - and because of your reply have continued to search [even on all the terms you suggest]. I wish search truly was my friend - OR - someone would just reply with the solution.

[I have several cPanel accounts - some show the main domain in the list, some do not]

Last edited:

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The thing is, adding reseller privileges is only the first step to setting up a Reseller account. Many other steps are required and, it not done right, could create problems at any step of the way.

As no one seems to be inclined to provide a step-by-step Tutorial, it is up the poster to describe what they did, step-by-step. Posters don't seem inclined to do that either. ;)

A common mistake though, is forgetting to assign Ownership << key word, of the Reseller account, to the Reseller.

cathode

Registered
Mar 15, 2004
I have this problem as well, it would be very nice to view all of the accounts together, especially when it comes to viewing the bandwidth totals.

In order to fix this, what should I say to my host? (the guy reselling to me?)

sigep739

Feb 16, 2004
Just to re-suggest what Website Rob said- you have to ALSO change ownership of that domain to be owned by the Reseller. So if you make xyz.com into a reseller domain, then you need to make sure that xyz.com is owned by xyz.com (otherwise it will be owned by root).