The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main 'reseller' domain is not visible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milka, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Milka

Milka Member

Hello!

When I add a domain name in WHM and mark it as reseller (add reseller privileges), it have cPanel access and can be accessed to standalone WHM page, BUT this domain is not visible in the WHM!

I can see it under root WHM, but when I login under the domain's username, the domain is not visible. Other domains (added under this account) are OK.

Thank you for your tips.
    M

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Search is your friend as there is lots more to be done and lots of good posts regarding the specifics.

i.e., assigning Resouces & NS, IPs allocated and for Sharing, change Ownership of Reseller Domain, edite DNS for Reseller Domain

3. cn.o

cn.o Registered

hmm... I have the same problem - and because of your reply have continued to search [even on all the terms you suggest]. I wish search truly was my friend - OR - someone would just reply with the solution.

[I have several cPanel accounts - some show the main domain in the list, some do not]

#3 cn.o, Mar 15, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  4. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The thing is, adding reseller privileges is only the first step to setting up a Reseller account. Many other steps are required and, it not done right, could create problems at any step of the way.

As no one seems to be inclined to provide a step-by-step Tutorial, it is up the poster to describe what they did, step-by-step. Posters don't seem inclined to do that either. ;)

A common mistake though, is forgetting to assign Ownership << key word, of the Reseller account, to the Reseller.

5. cathode

cathode Registered

I have this problem as well, it would be very nice to view all of the accounts together, especially when it comes to viewing the bandwidth totals.

In order to fix this, what should I say to my host? (the guy reselling to me?)

6. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What you just posted would be a good start. ;)

7. sigep739

sigep739 Well-Known Member

Just to re-suggest what Website Rob said- you have to ALSO change ownership of that domain to be owned by the Reseller. So if you make xyz.com into a reseller domain, then you need to make sure that xyz.com is owned by xyz.com (otherwise it will be owned by root).