The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Shared IP Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by R. Rowan, Feb 28, 2011.

1. R. Rowan

R. Rowan Registered

I'm having an issue when creating new cPanel VPS', after transferring accounts to the VPS when I go to change the accounts IP address to use the servers main shared IP, it will update to it, however doing so causes cPanel to think that the IP is dedicated to that account and won't let any other sites use the shared IP.

So it will look something like this under the 'Change Sites IP address" function:

111.222.333.444 (main shared ip) (shared by root) (dedicated to domain.com) (nameserver ns1.domain.com) (reserved)

If you change the sites ip to use a different ip address that isn't the main shared ip, then the main shared IP will then show as this:

111.222.333.444 (main shared ip) (shared by root) (nameserver ns1.domain.com) (reserved)

Under Basic cPanel/WHM setup I've double checked and the main IP is set correctly.
    I've tried rebuilding the ip address pool and restarting the VPS, doesn't help
    Based on some suggestions i've read on the forum I renamed the /root/.cpanel folder and then ran /scripts/upcp --force. Didn't help at all.

Any suggestions?

2. cPanelJackson

cPanelJackson Product Owner - cPanel Security Team
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you remove your shared ip address from /etc/domainips you should be able to move additional accounts to that ip. If that doesn't work, please submit a ticket and we will be happy to investigate for you.

Thanks!