The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Shared IP Landing Page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zonaxx, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Zonaxx

Zonaxx Member

The webpage for my current main shared server IP (67.225.131.71) is quite ugly (blank white page with large black text).

1. How can I change the default landing page for the IP (as well as other areas where one might encounter that "CPanel Apache Success!" page)?

2. Can I modify the default landing page to be some given user account? For example, I want to make account with name "accountx" the default landing page where one might otherwise see a CPANEL SUCCESS! page. That is to say, accountx's index page would be the default landing page.

3. Is it possible to configure the default landing page as a redirect to an off-server webpage?

Thanks!

Zonaxx

2. JamesCTotalWeb

JamesCTotalWeb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok if you edit the index.html in /usr/local/apache/htdocs that will change the default Cpanel Success page.

Now for the default page when you set up a domain you need to set that up in /root/cpanel3-skel What ever you place there will be added when you set up a site.

Hope this helps.

3. Zonaxx

Zonaxx Member

Hi James!

Thanks for the tips!

I've completed these steps. The success page has indeed been modified.

Unfortunately, it appears my main IP still resolves to a plain white page, regardless of the skel configuration.

http://67.225.131.71/

Is there a way to edit httpd.conf to do what I want?

(Also, are questions 2 and 3 from the original post reasonable? Might it be possible to create some sort of system link or pointer?)

Thanks again!

Zonaxx

4. JamesCTotalWeb

JamesCTotalWeb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator