Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Major bug with apache on CPanel : images are not cached...

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by mpierre, Oct 9, 2003.

1. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

On my server running Apache with the latest CPanel, none og the images on the server are cached.

Not only this is causing a major problem with clients, since their bandwidth usage it rising, dramatically,

but I also tested a site on my server with a flash banner and some roll-over images on a dial-up connection.

On a cable modem, it works great,

but on a Dial-up, the flash animation is re-downloaded EVERYTIME a page is accessed !!!

Furthermore, the roll-over doesn't work : the pre-load doesn't seem to work, and the image is re-downloaded with EVERY single time the image is rolled on or off !!!

Is ANYONE having this problem ?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matt-AWD

Matt-AWD Member

This is a known problem with mod_gzip on many systems. If you have mod_gzip installed, either disable it or recompile apache without mod_gzip.

3. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

Thank a LOT !!!

It fixed my problems....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...