Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Major changes in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Johnson, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Dear cPanel developers,

In previous versions of cPanel it was possible to control "maxemailsperhour" via /var/cpanel/cpanel.config directly. All I needed to do is to control this line:

maxemailsperhour=VALUE

So if I wanted to limit email per hour to 500 I could set "maxemailsperhour=500". If I wanted to set it to ulimited, I could set "maxemailsperhour=0". Which was pretty clear and easily configurable through any automation system.

But in the latest 11.28.64 build I've noticed that this behavior has been changed. Now when I set this limit to "unlimited" in WHM -> Tweak Settings I can see the following in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config:

maxemailsperhour

That's it, no "=", no value, just "maxemailsperhour". Can you please confirm I should use "maxemailsperhour" line instead of "maxemailsperhour=0" for unlimited and run "/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2 --updatetweaksettings" after /var/cpanel/cpanel.config update? Also, do you have any plans to change this again in the future? Just so I knew if I should start rewriting my automation system configs right now or should I wait a bit for another change.

Thanks