The login had been changd after you had logged in. Not hearing back from you I didn't want to leave access open. It has been changed back again. Please do what you need to do, now, so we can wrap this up.
Please I beg you to add limits for upgrading/downgrading. I've had users who crashed our server using this command because they switch to our LARGE plans and use all the space up..However with the amount of fraud and bad people increasing everyday, it might be best to enforce limits for upgrading/downgrading. If the majority feels that there should be an option to do so, then it should be quite simple to add.
If you get a chance, catch me on aim (bdraco), and I'll smooth this out for you.Originally posted by acer2k
Not working too smooth. When I try to change the package (upgrade/downgrade)..It always says Sorry, you cannot create an account with an unlimited bandwidth limit.
I agree 100% with this. And Nick is doing an extra great job here lately.Originally posted by baileysemt
I agree on the hard limits... please implement them.
I look at it this way, as someone who was a reseller long before she became a server admin... if I am stupid enough to sign up with a company that has lousy support (doesn't respond to/assist with these kinds of errors) then I deserve to be sitting there with errors and in a pickle. Sorry, but it's a buyer's market. There are a zillion hosts to pick from and in the end, it's customer service that makes a huge difference.
An attentive host will maintain their machines and serve their customers well. Putting in a work-around so resellers can get around shoddy admins is, well, backwards logic.
Please lock this puppy down.
BTW Nick, nice work on CP6. The new features are nice, and your attentiveness to bugfixes has been terrific.
I agree with you on this, thats its very tedious and lots of people have complained about it, but i have hacked and solved the problem on your first issue and it works like this.Originally posted by acer2k
First of all..
I'm just wondering, how does everyone else do theirs? I mean, when you create an account on cPanel, you give it space and bandwidth. Say a user purchased 1GB disk and 50GB transfer. You setup their account with that. But they also will be a reseller. So you give them reseller permissions. But they can't do anything until you go in there and give them the options and stuff. But then that is where you limit the space/transfer on their reseller account. So you put in 1GB disk and 50GB transfer again. This means they have DOUBLE resources. How do you go about that? Also, what features/options do you give them in the reseller section?
Originally posted by ozzi4648
I agree with you on this, thats its very tedious and lots of people have complained about it, but i have hacked and solved the problem on your first issue and it works like this.
It doesnt matter what i assign to the first account since his account will have nothing by the time i am finished setting up his reseller account, and he will have absolutely no access to his first account, the one that controls his reseller account, by the time i am finished.
1) I Set up his account with the domain name reseller-domain.com with all his details. I give it unlimited everthing otherwise i cannot create the reseller account under it. I dont want to use his real domain name here because he needs it when he sets up his domain from his reseller account, right?
2) I create his reseller account and assign resources with his access flags.
3) I log in on port 2086 so the cpanel3-skel directory gets created and then i ssh in as root and create an index.html so it gets deployed evertime he creates a new account, then chown it to his username.
4) Now i want to restrict him from ever being able to log into his first account. To keep him out of ftp i add his username to /etc/ftpusers done!
5) Now that his reseller account is created i DOWNGRADE his first account, the one i gave unlimited everthing to to have nothing. He gets Zero everthing except 1 meg of bandwidth incase he needs to log in to change his pw. Because thats all his going to be able to do once i assign his account to the changepw theme. If you give him 1 on the bandwidth otherwise if you set it to 0 cpanel says it is NO LIMIT! done!
6) Ah but now comes the fun part. I hacked a version of the control panel called changepw. Logically, the way Cpanel is setup, one could possibily log back into the first account and use use it, but i stop all that! If the user was ever to log into his first account on port 2082, all he could do is change his pw because my hacked theme only gives him the changepw page to use and the logout button. He can change his password as many times as he wants, i really dont care about the thatbut he longer has access to his main account to use any resources and which has all been set to *ZERO anyway. I assign the changpw theme which only allows him to change the pw's
7) Resellers are told, in order to change your pw, please log into your account on port 2082, they do it and have the ability to change their passwords, which affects all mail and reseller logins. Solved!
The only problem is that the reseller has two account but thats the way CPanel is designed for now and I'm not about to rewrite their code.
In step 5 above, when i downgrade the account i change his theme to CHANGEPW, which i hacked myself that only allow changes to pw's and nothing else, just like the mailonly thing!
Also, since i am the one who control what theme his first account gets he could never change it unless he has my root pw because i assign the changpw theme based on the theme i have created the hack for.
Finally to clean up things i remove the reseller-domain.com domlogs if there are any and remove the reseller-domain.com zone records since they will never be used and because all they do is take up space.
Please... this is a control panel for virtual hosting that we have paid a lot of money for. It should have a certain degree of security. It should not put us in a position that we are at the whelm of our user's mercy to "trust" them to not take advantages of the exploits in this program, and to not get so annoyed with all of it's bugs that they leave and never come back.Originally posted by Website Rob
In all cases though, there should be an understanding and a certain degree of trust, to not use what you have not been given.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|J||Major changes in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config ?||General Discussion||0|
|O||Cpanel login failed after major restorations||General Discussion||2|
|G||Major Image Button Maker Error when updating cpanel||General Discussion||1|
|P||major cpanel error||General Discussion||4|
|Cpanel 11 New Edge Major Issue||General Discussion||3|