The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major DNS problems -again!

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by oinkmedia, Nov 15, 2005.

1. oinkmedia

oinkmedia Well-Known Member

Hi,

At the weekend my server started displaying DNS problems. First, when a client was creating a user account with a domain, the named.conf file became corrupt which meant that the other domains were not being routed and appeared offline even though the server was fine otherwise.

Today I notice that all parked domains (when viewing through cPanel not WHM) for any user are listed twice, as below.

domain1.com
    domain1.com
    domain2.com
    domain2.com
    domain3.com
    domain3.com

Then when I try to park a domain the httpd.conf file is not being updated so the domain remains to resolve to the cPanel default page and they are not being listed in cPanel. Although no error messages are being displayed when the domain parking takes place and everything else appears fine!

I am completely dumb founded now and welcome any advice you can give.

I have run the cPanel fix scripts, fixrndc, fixcommonproblems and fixndc but this has not solved anything!?

At present I cannot add any domains to my server!

Thanks in advance.

2. tuxdesk

tuxdesk Well-Known Member

tail -f /var/log/messages can identify the exact problem