The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Email Problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by typhon, Feb 21, 2005.

1. typhon

typhon Well-Known Member

Well another nice thing happened this morning.
    I can not access any email. I can log into the mailbox just fine, but no messages are getting sent to it. When I go to send email I get the error: "Temporary local problem - please try again"

I have my cpanel updates set on the CURRENT build. The real interesting part is, I think it is automatically updating and thus causing problems. Anyone else experiencing issues? I just did a upcp --force. That had no effect what-so-ever.

Not sure at all what is going on but def not good. Anyone have any hints or clues?

2. typhon

typhon Well-Known Member

some more info

well here is what I have it down to.
    the server is marking anything that I send to my domain:
    error in redirect data: domain missing or malformed in "prefix@"

2005-02-21 10:28:34 H=(somehost.net) [111.111.111.111] F=<sender@domain.com> temporarily rejected RCPT <user@domain.com>: error in redirect data: domain missing or malformed in "user@"

i have tried a search on the forums multiple times still no luck.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Do you have a forwarder setup for the email address? If so, is it setup incorrectly (i.e. not a full email address)? Sounds to me like there's something setup incorrectly in /etc/valiases/domain.com

4. typhon

typhon Well-Known Member

Nope. No forwarders.
    It is simply just 1 pop account with the catchall domain. the valiases shows the username of that catch all account.

so this is one thing i am quite frustrated/boggled about, pretty interesting that this would happen right now.