The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Security Issue found (?)

Discussion in 'Security' started by xstorm, Jul 5, 2004.

1. xstorm

xstorm Registered

i don't know if it's caused by mis setting or what, but here is my problem..

i've 2 servers, nameservers are running on the first server and it's the master server

i use server clustering to synchronize between two servers, whenever i create an account, it edit the DNS records on both server 1 & 2.

one of my domain (www.xxxxx.com) was hosted on the second server, and one of my customer on SERVER 1 managed to park the domain (www.xxxxx.com) from his account and make www.xxxxx.com pointing to his website(on server 1), not my website(on server 2), when he unpark it, www.xxxxx.com become inaccessible. u guys have any ideas?

i tried to park some domain which is currently hosted on server 1, it says it's owned by someone else, then why i can park domains hosted on second server?

regards,
    :confused: :confused:

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

1) Don't post security issues in the forums. You should simply open a ticket with cPanel for issues like this.

2) I have already opened a ticket about this issue a few weeks ago and am still awaiting resolution.

To recover the DNS entry for xxxxx.com, simply go to WHM and 'Add a DNS Zone'. Simply enter the IP that it should be pointing to and the record will be recreated.