The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

majordomo install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AeroFan1, Mar 23, 2002.

1. AeroFan1

AeroFan1 Registered

I have someone who wants to use majordomo and not the mailman mailing list software. (After looking at his use, majordomo does seem a whole lot better for him.) Is it possible o install and use majordomo? Are thre any issues I would need to be aware of? Can it be installed by a reseller or even an end user under a single domain? do any of my questions even begin to mkae sense?

Thanks
    Aero

2. Host4u2

Host4u2 Well-Known Member

Majordomo

I've been looking for the same answers...... Would like to know the pros and cons of installing it for clients use.

3. superiorhost

superiorhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have found a great major domo style list software that installs into the customers domain. it installs easy, and you can import your lists.

It has all the features of majordomo I think... email verification sign up and sunsubscribe etc..

http://mojo.skazat.com/
    I am using 2.5.1 , but they just released the 2.6 beta..

I think you will like this alternative. I have tested and it is working nicely.
    Here is how they describe it at their site:

What is Mojo Mail?
    Mojo Mail is a light weight, feature rich mailing list manager. Its main advantage to systems like Majordomo and Mail Man is in its web-based control panel. Anything that has to be done with a mailing list can be handled from your browser. No weird commands to remember, no typing into a terminal shell. This makes Mojo Mail extremely friendly and intuitive. Mojo Mail is being used by many people to replace Majordomo. More control can be given to individual list owners and less work has to be done by the system administrator. Mojo Mail works great for individual sites and as a ASP (Application Service Provider)

Tim L

4. tic67

tic67 Active Member

[Does Mojo Mail allow subscribing to a mailing list by email as well as by a web page?.

John

5. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

The problem I see with majordomo is that it requires modifying exim.conf, which is updated by cpanel.

See http://sysadmin.oreilly.com/news/exim_0701.html

6. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

[quote:c442a080be][i:c442a080be]Originally posted by superiorhost[/i:c442a080be]
    (quoting Mojo Mail)
    [...] Anything that has to be done with a mailing list can be handled from your browser. No weird commands to remember, no typing into a terminal shell. [...][/quote:c442a080be]

Actually, that's the case of Mailman, isn't it?

7. Aerosmith

Aerosmith Well-Known Member

Well I dont want all these slick web interfaces at all. I will use a simple mailto link for folks to sub via a web page. I dont wat all these onfiguration screens and that sort of bunk. It is JUST a mailing list. If one wants to subscribe, an email shoudl be enough. Same to unsubscribe.