Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Make Primary link fails on Manage SSL Sites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kitchin, Jan 12, 2018.

1. kitchin

kitchin Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    [I have seen this bug on cPanel 68.0.23, with and without WHM access, with and without root. Two different ISP's. Seems to be broken Javascript.]

On a cPanel with add-on domains, the page SSL/TLS has a link to "Manage SSL Sites". It displays a grid of FQDN's and shows which one is "Primary." The column "SNI Required" is "No" for that one.

There is link for "Make Primary" on the other FQDN's. It's a Javascript link that fails, as far as I can tell. The workaround is to click "Uninstall Certificate" on the Primary. Then another FQDN gets designated Primary. When you get the right FQDN set as Primary, you can go to the Let's Encrypt page and click "Run AutoSSL" to get SSL back on all the domains. It's slow but has a spinner and has always completed for me.

Another bug:
    The doc link "SSL Installation Workflow" on "Manage SSL Sites" is 404. The closest doc to my issue is The SSL Installation and Precedence Logic - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Notes:

* The doc may be wrong. The way it talks about "vhost" seems to match the misunderstanding I got from tech support at one of my ISP's.

* Tech support there was confused about "Primary", thinking it meant which domain was not an add-on. Well, the cPanel main page does say "Primary Domain" on the top right corner (default theme), and that has a different meaning than on the SSL page.

#1 kitchin, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Internal case CPANEL-14652 is open to address an issue where the "Make Primary" action at "cPanel >> SSL/TLS >> Manage SSL Sites" does not function when you click on it. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

I've opened internal case DOC-10195 to have the destination of that link corrected so that it points to:

The SSL Installation and Precedence Logic - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

To update on internal case DOC-10195, the link destination is now corrected.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...