SOLVED make users send mails from their dedicated ip

Tiberiu

Oct 18, 2016
Bistrita
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes there is, its called Send mail from the account’s IP address and you can find it in Exim Configuration in WHM.
You can also look under option Reference /etc/mailips for custom IP on outgoing SMTP connections where you can set different ips fo domains.

flyingscot

Registered
May 2, 2018
Saint George, Utah
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes there is, its called Send mail from the account’s IP address and you can find it in Exim Configuration in WHM.
You can also look under option Reference /etc/mailips for custom IP on outgoing SMTP connections where you can set different ips fo domains.
This is not working for me. I have "Send mail from the account’s IP address" selected in EXIM and I see all of the domain/IPs in the mailips file in the etc folder. However, in every different domain account in Cpanel, all are using the default server1.example.com mail server instead of the actual domains mail.example.com. What possible setting could I have tweaked to override those settings?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
This is not working for me. I have "Send mail from the account’s IP address" selected in EXIM and I see all of the domain/IPs in the mailips file in the etc folder. However, in every different domain account in Cpanel, all are using the default server1.example.com mail server instead of the actual domains mail.example.com. What possible setting could I have tweaked to override those settings?
Hello @flyingscot,

Can you confirm if your aim is to change the mail server name used under Connect Devices in the cPanel >> Email Accounts interface? Or, are you referring to the information added to the email headers when sending email from individual domains?

Thank you.