The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a new website page?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zakoschris, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Zakoschris

Zakoschris Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello I'am a Newbie here and I would like to ask how to make a new website page using cPanel. Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks

2. hgrg

hgrg Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I guess what you are looking for is the "Web Template Editor" in WHM :)
    Merry Christmas!

3. PlotHost

PlotHost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can try cPanel->File Manager->New File icon.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    That's not correct, even a little bit.
    Web Template Editor - cPanel Documentation

That's closer to being correct but that new file icon doesn't make a new website page.
    File Manager - cPanel Documentation

Being helpful when replying to a post is far more worthwhile if you're actually being helpful, gentlemen.

Your Hosting Provider should be able to help get you going with this I would think, you really should start there, by asking them. Short of that, your question is very broad as is the proper answer.

If you wanted to create a webpage that says simply, "Hello World!" you can create a text file and type your message "Hello World!" into it, save it naming it, index.html and then use the cPanel File Manager to upload that file you just created, to your public_html directory.

/home/username/public_html/index.html in your cPanel File Manager is the same as:
    yourdomain.com/index.html

If you follow those instructions, you should now be able to open your browser to yourdomain.com/index.html and see your message, "Hello World!" and you've just created a very basic website page, as you asked about.

These forums are not geared toward creating webpages support though. Your Hosting Provider may provide (most do) many options for creating websites and is why you should be contacting them, not these forums for questions on the topic.

Good luck with your new website! :)

5. hgrg

hgrg Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ohh sorry my bad:
    I tought its about creating a default 'new website' page which shows up if you've added an A record pointing to the server but domain is not configured yet.
    I don't exactly know if there is a skeleton directory for freshly created domains like for added linux users the /etc/skel directory..

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure where you got all that from the original post.
    There is, his Hosting Provider would be the one who would have set up a default page added to the new account on account creation. From there, adding a "new website page" as the title of the thread states, is going to be a bit different. Example provided above.