Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Making changes to mailman

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by spiritguardian, Jun 2, 2004.

1. spiritguardian

spiritguardian Active Member

Hello,

I am trying to make changes to mailman, specifically I want to remove the Errors-to: field from messages that are sent. If you have any information about this specific header, let me know.

Mailnly, though, my problem is that I don't seem to be able to debug mailman. The command "mailmanctl restart" actually seems to lock the mailin list server in a state that will not receive new posts. I had to reboot the server for my posts to finally go.

I am trying to edit the file SMTPDirect.py and carefully test each change. However, I am not certain that I must completely restart mailman for these changes to be in affect and I don't think the mailmanctl restart is the best way to go about restarting mailman anway!

Thanks for your help,

Ben

2. spiritguardian

spiritguardian Active Member

I've already posted to the mailman-users mailing list. I thought perhaps another cPanel user might have experience with this very useful cPanel-packaged product. I guess you don't. Which makes me wonder why you bothered to reply.

#2 spiritguardian, Jun 2, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2004